Saturday 13 October 2012

Best of the berries!!

Two beautiful, stunning weddings recently!! Both celebrating autumn in all it's wonderfulness!!
When I first met Allison and Richard my heart lept! Their wonderful ideas made me want to fast forward to Autumn right there and then. The colours they choose were perfect for the season. Vibrant oranges, deep burgundy mixed with berries, herbs and the odd fig! Plus a stunning cake designed and made by the grooms talented mother.




On a gorgeous sunny Saturday this October these colours just sung!


My second bride came to me with a firm brief that as many of her flowers should be seasonal and locally sourced. And her favourite flower was the sunflower!. With that in mind we used lots of locally sourced foliage, seasonal grasses, true English autumnal flowers including the much maligned chrysanthemum, gladioli, dahlias and of course sunflowers!










No comments:

Post a Comment