Tuesday 27 November 2012

Christmas Workshops

Today was the first of my Christmas workshops. Held at Bradgate Manor www.bradgatemanor.org/, a beautiful house set very near Netley Abbey.
As I drove down there my whole van was filled with scents of Christmas! Pine, cinnamon, oranges, by the time I had unpacked I really began to feel Christmasy!

We started with a short demonstration from me looking at making a door wreath, and also different ways of using the same principal for table centre's.
After which we did a quick room change and it was already for people to make their own wreaths.
Followed by the most amazing lunch cooked by Lindsey, who runs the courses of poached salmon with dill sauce, and a delicious winter pavlova, all served with a welcome glass of rose.
There were lots of wonderful foliages, dried fruits, ribbons and more to choose from,  but it still amazes me how everyones wreaths are completely different!





Nine beautiful wreaths, all in a row!
It was such a lovely day, I am really looking forward to the rest of our Christmas workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment