Thursday 25 April 2013

Spring Course at Bespoke Education

Yesterday I arrived at Bespoke Education with a land rover full of Spring flowers! Some picked from my garden, some from a local supermarket. My aim? To show people that between the garden and the checkout it is possible to create beautiful arrangements without spending a lot on flowers. All you need is a bit of 'out side the box' thinking, and a little time!
To be honest I think my students were a little sceptical to start with! But we had a lot fun! And I think I convinced them that is possible to make a  stunning arrangement with a little creativity,  a little time and just a few common or garden flowers!
 Carnations and supermarket roses, perfect to take to a dinner party 
and cost the same as a drinkable bottle of wine!
 Hellebores, daffodils, forget me knots and muscari, all picked form my garden 
with the help of supermarket roses!
 A few blooms in vases.
 Anything  you can do, I can do too!
 All of my students yesterday made their own stunning arrangements to take home.
For anyone who is inspired by this blog, we are doing another course at Bespoke  on Wednesday 12th June, (Check their web site for details) but don't just keep it to flowers! There are courses on 'Wow' dinner parties, (I 'm there!!) Textiles, art, how to work your Ipad, (yep may well be there for that one too!) Creative writing, Italian, Mindy has so many fantastic courses lined up over the next three months if you are near Alresford it is definitely worth checking out her web site wwwbespokeeducation.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment