Thursday 11 April 2013

Spring

I think if the seasons were based on fairy tales then this year Spring would definitely be sleeping beauty! Through a forest of bare branches she is only slowly waking up. But as the weather gets warmer, if not sunnier, signs of spring are slowly showing. Grass verges are now laden with daffodils, from bright sunshine yellow, (you see there is some sunshine if not in the sky!) to more subtle peaches, pale lemon and pure white, from large trumpets to the tiny fairy like flowers of tete a tete .
A much under rated flower, it comes in some beautiful varieties, as one of my florists friends described it 'Happiness on a stem'!



And as I look out of my window the blossom is beginning to show, abet tentatively,
 primroses are pushing through the dull earth, and of my one of my favourite flowers hellebore's with their gentle pallet of antique hues are still nodding their heads in the wind.


So spring has come, not with a bang but with a whimper, but none the less lovely for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment